Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Icon for Night Climbs

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.

Re: Icon for Night Climbs

Postby SkiBikeClimb99 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:36 pm

What we really need are RF readers at the summit so that we can automatically update our checklists in real time

Postby geojed » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:45 pm

SkiBikeClimb99 wrote:What we really need are RF readers at the summit so that we can automatically update our checklists in real time

Why else do you think there is a "Cell Phone reception from the summit" section of 14ers.com? http://14ers.com/php14ers/cellreportmain.php
• It's by getting away from life that we can see it most clearly... It's by depriving ourselves of the myriad of everyday experiences that we renew our appreciation for them...I've learned from my experiences in the mountains that I love life. — Dave Johnston
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
• The best climber in the world is the one who’s having the most fun.— Alex Lowe
• Why do I climb the mountain? Because I'm in love! — The Captain

Postby JDip » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:01 pm

I Man wrote:
JDip wrote:Whatever you do, don't ask about rappelling the Longs Peak diamond.

That'd be kinda cool to have night hiking icon. A possible upside to having that is dispersing the summer crowds throughout all hours of the day and night, alleviating day-time traffic jams.

oh my. No comment on Quote #1

For #2 - are you implying that an icon on this site would significantly influence the amount of people hiking in the night vs the day over the summer??

I am doing a "night hike" tonight - but not by choice - that's what happens when you have a 9-5er :(

A possible upside...Meaning, a possibility. As in, perhaps. Also as in, an outside-of-the-box, plausible idea, maybe from the hardcore climbers.
I want to know the thoughts of God. All the rest are details. -Albert Einstein

It's not the height of the mountain that makes it great, it is the mountain itself. -J.D.

Postby Monte Meals » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:48 pm

I nominate the Blue Berry as the appropriate symbol
for a night time conquest in honor of Fats Domino:

Lyrics - Blue Berry Hill

I found my thrill / On blueberry hill
On blueberry hill / When I found you
The moon stood still / On blueberry hill /
It lingered until / My dreams came true

Previous