Mount Lamborn - info???

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
lizs
Trip Reports (0)

Mount Lamborn - info???

Post by lizs »

Some day I'd like to climb up Mount Lamborn. Special family significance here... Any and all info is welcomed. Thanks!
JTOlson26
14ers: 20 
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Mount Lamborn - info???

Post by JTOlson26 »

Just some general info found at SummitPost:

http://www.summitpost.org/mount-lamborn/154266" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And here is a springtime trip report:

http://www.summitpost.org/mount-lamborn ... ost/517967" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
susanjoypaul
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 88 6
Trip Reports (2)

Post by susanjoypaul »

Take this paragraph - from the SummitPost page listed above - seriously:
  • The mountain is almost exclusively climbed in late spring, summer and early fall. The difficulty would significantly increase in winter due to large amounts of snow, and the fact the the trail passes on and under significant slide paths. The final summit ridge is very exposed, and could be rendered much more difficult or dangerous in poor conditions.
I did it mid-November a couple of years ago. The summit is a slabby, class 3 scramble with major drop-off on the backside, and a steep slope on the front. I wouldn't have wanted to fall in either direction. There was just enough snow on the rocks to make it slippery, but not enough to hold a kicked step. I remember that it scared the crap out of me, and I didn't stay up there long. If you want to get the "true summit" on this peak I would do it dry.

Other than the summit, it's a walk in the park.
Jump Roper
14ers: 57  2 
13ers: 13
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Jump Roper »

We're going to hike it this weekend. Maybe we will take some pictures and write a nice post.
"Hold on Chuck, we're almost there."
Matt
14ers: 58 
13ers: 208
Trip Reports (32)

Post by Matt »

I hiked this one a few years ago in early July. It was 95 degrees at the TH. Going now seems like a good idea from that perspective.
Views are tremendous from the summit.
The enormous register went back to 1946.
My small foot included for perspective
My small foot included for perspective
lamborn reg.jpg (881.51 KiB) Viewed 477 times
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List
trailboss88
14ers: 53  8 
13ers: 37
Trip Reports (0)

Post by trailboss88 »

I hiked it in 2012 from Bell Canyon trail. I don't remember it being particularly difficult other than a long day. You can read my comments in the climbers log on summitpost