Bear Peak W Ridge open yet?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
DoWork
14ers: 15 
Trip Reports (1)

Bear Peak W Ridge open yet?

Post by DoWork »

Anyone know if bear peak west ridge and the actual south boulder peak are open yet?

thanks...
"Man who go to bed with itchy butt - wake with smelly finger"
heather14
14ers: 45  1  7 
13ers: 93 8
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Bear Peak W Ridge open yet?

Post by heather14 »

The last time a checked, a couple days ago the W Ridge trail to Bear is open. S. Boulder Pk is still closed. Rumor has it, someone was caught on S. Boulder Pk and received a $400 fine and community service....... [-X
What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. - Rene Daumal
DoWork
14ers: 15 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by DoWork »

Yea I just checked online...my bad. West ridge open....sbp closed....
jdfors
14ers: 44 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jdfors »

I hiked the west ridge on Wednesday. Didn't see any trail closed signs.
DaveSwink
14ers: 37  12 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (6)

Post by DaveSwink »

Fern Canyon and West Ridge are open to Bear Peak, but Shadow Canyon and S Boulder Peak are still closed. :cry: