Bartlett Trail-Greenhorn Mountain; I need info

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
huffy13
14ers: 22 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (30)

Bartlett Trail-Greenhorn Mountain; I need info

Post by huffy13 »

I am looking at making a three day hiking excursion to finish off my hiking season this next weekend. I plan on going to Gibson TH for a shot at Spread Eagle Peak on Saturday, Greenhorn Mountain on Sunday and then West Spanish Peak on Monday. I may hold off on Greenhorn for another day and get W. Spanish on Sunday...I am going to see how I am feeling and adjust my plans as necessary. I am wondering though how to get to the Bartlett TH. Does anyone have a fairly good description they could share on how to get there?
Seems like the times that I need a mountain the most are the times that I can not get to them.
susanjoypaul
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 88 6
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Bartlett Trail-Greenhorn Mountain; I need info

Post by susanjoypaul »

Hike 45: Apache Falls, Hiking Waterfalls in Colorado

At mile 3.3 turn right and follow the trail up. If you go left, you'll end up in the South Apache Creek drainage and on your way to Apache Falls.
huffy13
14ers: 22 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (30)

Re: Bartlett Trail-Greenhorn Mountain; I need info

Post by huffy13 »

susanjoypaul wrote:Hike 45: Apache Falls, Hiking Waterfalls in Colorado

At mile 3.3 turn right and follow the trail up. If you go left, you'll end up in the South Apache Creek drainage and on your way to Apache Falls.

Thank you, ma'am! That is just what I needed.
Seems like the times that I need a mountain the most are the times that I can not get to them.