Eagles Nest Wilderness Conditions

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
14erkid
14ers: 42 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Eagles Nest Wilderness Conditions

Post by 14erkid »

I have been planning a backpacking trip with a school group in the Green Mountain Reservoir/ Gore Range area to Surprise Lake, Tipperary Lake, and Eaglesmere Lake. I know there has been a lot of snow in general in the hills, and I was wondering if anyone knows the conditions about the amount of snow that is up there. Thanks.
"Don't take life seriously because you can't come out of it alive."
-Warren Miller
goingup
14ers: 58  21 
13ers: 295 1 4
Trip Reports (33)

Re: Eagles Nest Wilderness Conditions

Post by goingup »

This is my trip report from Keller Mountain in Eagles Nest Wilderness from this past Saturday:

http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/triprepor ... ki=Include" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There was snow. It was variable, thin in some spots, deep in the others. By the afternoon a good amount had melted around 10,000-11,000 feet but above still good coverage. Not sure what the past couple of days have brought but I think another round of snow is in the forecast later this week.

It was BEAUTIFUL up there.
through being cool