Need Suggestions for Short Hike Tomorrow

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
mts4602
14ers: 13 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Need Suggestions for Short Hike Tomorrow

Post by mts4602 »

I am looking for a short hike tomorrow, maybe 6 miles max round trip. Anything in the front range, slightly farther is ok. No 14ers, the girlfriend is coming.
Being a Saturday night I don't know how much responses I will get but it's worth a shot.

Thanks
shearmodulus
14ers: 18  1  1 
Trip Reports (6)

Re: Need Suggestions for Short Hike Tomorrow

Post by shearmodulus »

Where are you going in the Front Range? That could be anywhere from Fort Collins to Colorado Springs.

I live near Colorado Springs, and can suggest a few around here. I'll monitor this thread for the next hour or so. I did Quandary today and am pretty beat.

Oh, and GO CATS! (Lexington, KY Native).
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads...."
mts4602
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mts4602 »

Heading out from Westminster, so within in a couple hrs drive i suppose. I just moved here 2 weeks ago...finally
shearmodulus
14ers: 18  1  1 
Trip Reports (6)

Post by shearmodulus »

El Dorado canyon. One of the top climbing destinations in the state, and a whole lot to see and do up there.

And it's pretty close to you.

http://www.parks.state.co.us/Parks/Eldo ... nHome.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads...."
mts4602
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mts4602 »

Great, thanks! Sounds like a good idea