Devil's Causeway

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
310 PKS
14ers: 32 
Trip Reports (0)

Devil's Causeway

Post by 310 PKS »

Was wondering if anyone could supply a report on current conditions, necessity of snowshoes, etc? Thanks,
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Re: Devil's Causeway

Post by Scott P »

I didn't do the Devils Causeway, but was not far west of it last weekend. There was continuous snow in the trees above 10,000 feet. The snow was pretty firm.

Carrying snowshoes up to snowline might be a pain, so it would be better to start early and walk on top of the snow.
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
vonwax
Trip Reports (1)

Post by vonwax »

I'm thinking of going up there next weekend. Anyone crossed the Causeway more recently?
Housefly
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Housefly »

My buddies just got back yesterday from camping in the area and hiking the Devils Causeway. Told me that there was still snow on the Causeway and it was slick, so they turned back and did not hike the whole thing only went a little way. I saw the pictures and I could see what he was talking about.

Hope this helps...