Navajo Peak IPW

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Brian C
14ers: 45  5 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (25)

Navajo Peak IPW

Post by Brian C »

Anybody happen to have any recent photos or first hand experience of Navajo? Especially in regard to to the Navajo Glacier and upper north face.

Thanks!
Brian in the Wild
Lists of John
"Nature never did betray the heart that loved her." - Wordsworth
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Re: Navajo Peak IPW

Post by Dave B »

Brian - not sure if you'd seen this, last pic has Navajo + snowfield beta pic. Hay mucha nieve.

http://www.frontrangeskimo.squarespace. ... 4u8bb1zsov" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Make wilderness less accessible.
Brian C
14ers: 45  5 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (25)

Post by Brian C »

Perfect. Thanks. Looks like the snowfield to north face may just about be in perfect shape. My concern would be the north face holding snow.
Brian in the Wild
Lists of John
"Nature never did betray the heart that loved her." - Wordsworth
goingup
14ers: 58  21 
13ers: 295 1 4
Trip Reports (33)

Post by goingup »

Was up there 2 weekends ago. Did Queens way to Apache and then traversed on to Navajo and onwards to Niwot ridge.
There was a TON of snow. We were on snow 80% of the day. By 9 a.m. it was soft.

I have pictures. Tried uploading them to no avail......failed. If you have an email I can send them.
through being cool
boudreaux
14ers: 57 
13ers: 113
Trip Reports (11)

Post by boudreaux »

You will enjoy this one Brain, IPW classic, you should head over to Mt Toll too while you're at it!
Ragin Cajun
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Dave B »

Brian C wrote:My concern would be the north face holding snow.
Pic taken from Paiute, two weeks ago, sorry it's the best I got. Doesn't look like a whole ton of snow on the N. face proper and probably even less given the warmth of the last two weeks. Could be nice and alpiney either way.

You gonna do that 5.7 variation in mountain boots? Look forward to seeing the pics for this one, been wanting to get up there for a while.
Attachments
Navajo and dick of peckers
Navajo and dick of peckers
IMG_3190.jpg (332.64 KiB) Viewed 185 times
Make wilderness less accessible.