Name that Mountain

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
CorduroyCalves
14ers: 16 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Name that Mountain

Post by CorduroyCalves »

Looking west to Mt. Evans, what is the peak to the north of that group with the U-shaped patch of snow near the summit? I'd like to climb it soon. Thanks for the info!
Life is too short to pay full retail for outdoor gear!

"God has cared for these trees, saved them from draught, disease, avalanches, and a thousand straining, leveling tempasts and floods; but he cannot save them from fools; only Uncle Sam can do that."--John Muir
justiner
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138
Trip Reports (40)

Re: Name that Mountain

Post by justiner »

Does this help?

http://www.peakfinder.org/?lat=39.7392& ... er%2C%20Co" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CorduroyCalves
Trip Reports (0)

Post by CorduroyCalves »

Sorta. There's a label for Genese Mountain but there's a peak that rises above it that isn't labeled, and I'm thinking that's the one.

"God has cared for these trees, saved them from draught, disease, avalanches, and a thousand straining, leveling tempasts and floods; but he cannot save them from fools; only Uncle Sam can do that."--John Muir
jaymz
Trip Reports (1)

Post by jaymz »

That would be Squaw Mt., off Hwy.105, right next to Chief Mt.

http://caltopo.com/view#ll=39.737,-104. ... .9,-100.83" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(Select 'imagery" at the top right to get a better picture of it)
"But in every walk with Nature, one receives far more than he seeks."
John Muir
sunny1
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 225 8
Trip Reports (3)

Post by sunny1 »

Thought it might be Gray Wolf.
Sounds like you (OP) need to go up there and check it out!
The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana.
CorduroyCalves
Trip Reports (0)

Post by CorduroyCalves »

jaymz wrote:That would be Squaw Mt., off Hwy.105, right next to Chief Mt.

http://caltopo.com/view#ll=39.737,-104. ... .9,-100.83" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(Select 'imagery" at the top right to get a better picture of it)
That might be it. Unfortunately, it's one I've already done. Oh well.

Jay521
14ers: 42  10 
13ers: 175 22
Trip Reports (56)

Post by Jay521 »

CorduroyCalves wrote:That might be it. Unfortunately, it's one I've already done. Oh well.
It's not against the law to do a peak a second time..... :)

Or third.......
I take the mountain climber's approach to housekeeping - don't look down
spong0949
14ers: 49  1 
13ers: 47
Trip Reports (26)

Post by spong0949 »

Whatever happened to that guess the peak game we were doing on the forum? We need to resurrect that thread.
Mountain photography and fine art:
https://aaron-spong.pixels.com/

Blog:
http://14erart.com

"SOLI DEO GLORIA"
CorduroyCalves
Trip Reports (0)

Post by CorduroyCalves »

Jay521 wrote:
CorduroyCalves wrote:That might be it. Unfortunately, it's one I've already done. Oh well.
It's not against the law to do a peak a second time..... :)

Or third.......
LOL, I've actually done it a few times, as well as Chief Mtn. Just looking for other cool front range peaks to hike :)