scenic hikes near Huron

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Andymcp1
14ers: 46  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

scenic hikes near Huron

Post by Andymcp1 »

I am taking my wife camping next week and need some ideas on things to do. She is not a hiker or camper, so I would love to find a great lake, or something to take her to. Kicker is that it must be under 3 miles round trip. We plan between winfield and the upper TH for Huron along the road in one of the secluded pull offs near the creek. Any suggestions on lakes, pretty views, etc that are easy to get to in that area?
EatinHardtack
14ers: 42  20  3 
13ers: 79 32 2
Trip Reports (8)

Re: scenic hikes near Huron

Post by EatinHardtack »

Lake Ann is the obvious choice. If you can get her motivated to hike Hope Pass that's a great hike. I really like Sheep Gulch through the Aspens, been up it 5 times now. It is steep, but take your time.
"In our youths our hearts were touched with fire" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Monte Meals
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Monte Meals »

If you decide on a hike to Hope Pass via Sheep Gulch as a "Kicker" ...

I would recommend a sizable retainer to the Divorce Lawyer of your choice in advance.
EatinHardtack
14ers: 42  20  3 
13ers: 79 32 2
Trip Reports (8)

Post by EatinHardtack »

^^^that's funny. Still a nice hike though.
"In our youths our hearts were touched with fire" - Oliver Wendell Holmes