Current Four Pass Loop Conditions?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
gprausch
Trip Reports (0)

Current Four Pass Loop Conditions?

Post by gprausch »

I just spoke with someone at the visitor's center who said he had not done the loop in the last month. All he could tell me was that he thought there was "some snow" above 12,000 feet.

I'm considering going up Friday night and starting early Saturday for a one-day loop if conditions are good. Has anyone been out there in the last week? Looking for any info on snow - if so, where and how deep?

Thanks in advance!

-GR
pmeadco
14ers: 58  2 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Current Four Pass Loop Conditions?

Post by pmeadco »

I was up at Maroon Lake on Monday and talked to a group that just came off the loop. It was all good. From what I can see the only places that have snow are the north facing aspects of Pyramid and N. Maroon. Everything else is dry. That said, the weather service is predicted possible snow flurries this weekend so it may be worth watching the forecast.
ezabielski
14ers: 43  1 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ezabielski »

I did the loop on Saturday. Conditions are basically perfect.
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

It may snow this weekend.
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
ajkagy
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ajkagy »

Scott P wrote:It may snow this weekend.
Yea weather looks iffy. I'm hearing a warm system though, snow above 10-11k which is basically most of the 4 pass. Right now everything is snow free and warm. 70s in CB the next few days.
http://wanderingthemountains.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
eskermo
14ers: 58  2  1 
13ers: 316 30 4
Trip Reports (18)

Post by eskermo »

GR-

I may know who you are. And I may know where you live.

If you have space for me and want some help paying for gas, or if you need a ride down Friday, we should talk tonight. I've been wanting to do this all season. I'll obviously need to start like, 4-5 hours before you Saturday morning, though.

-Nick