Peak 1-Peak 9 logistics

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Curtis Stoll
14ers: 12 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Peak 1-Peak 9 logistics

Post by Curtis Stoll »

Does anyone know what the distance is from Mt Royal down the range to Peak 10? I went up Crystal Peak one year and did the loop around to Mount Helen and have always had my eye on doing that whole traverse someday. I think that would be a long day though.....any input would be nice. Thanks!
justiner
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138
Trip Reports (40)

Post by justiner »

Here's the traverse on Stava, which you can use to do your measuring:

https://www.strava.com/activities/345559929" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I got ~10.4 miles from summit of Mt. Royal to summit of Peak 10.
Curtis Stoll
14ers: 12 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Curtis Stoll »

Thanks! That's not as bad as I thought it would be. On a good weather day....if someone really wanted too....I bet your could get pretty far down the range. Putting it on my list!
madbuck
Trip Reports (6)

Post by madbuck »

"Tenmile Traverse" is the common name, so a search for that should give you some good beta. Cheers!
justiner
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138
Trip Reports (40)

Post by justiner »

Curtis Stoll wrote:Thanks! That's not as bad as I thought it would be. On a good weather day....if someone really wanted too....I bet your could get pretty far down the range. Putting it on my list!
Just don't underestimate the scrambly bits between peak 1 and uh, peak... 4? They're super fun, and it's pretty solid, but it can eat up time routefinding. I would try to get on the ridgeline at sunrise, if you can swing such an early start. Bailing is a bit inconvenient until you hit Miner's Creek Trail, which will take you all the way back to HYW9 to catch the bus back to your starting point (or you can just hike it out)

Anyways, I'd say it's a total classic line, for sure.

If you have eyes that want a bigger adventure, consider the 10 Mile Range Traverse!

http://blog.ultimatedirection.com/tenmi ... -traverse/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;