trail conditions for Bear Peak/Green Mtn in Boulder?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
LarryM
14ers: 27 
13ers: 32
Trip Reports (3)

Re: trail conditions for Bear Peak/Green Mtn in Boulder?

Post by LarryM »

This morning was my first time out on the trails since the storm, so I don't have a basis of comparison, but Green was okay - not great - this morning. Drifting in places. It took me 19 minutes longer than usual to summit ("running" it, Amphitheater / Greenman). That said, based on the above reports, it appears much improved since Thursday. Manageable without snowshoes.
SikYou
14ers: 24 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Re: trail conditions for Bear Peak/Green Mtn in Boulder?

Post by SikYou »

I hiked Bear and S. Boulder today, Fern Canyon up, Shadow canyon down. Both the canyons were packed and decent, little bit of ice in Fern as usual. I had to break trail for most of the trip from Bear over to S. Boulder, knee to waist deep drifts on the west side of Bear and most of the way up S. Boulder, I used snowshoes through the deep stuff.
I'm slower than Scott P.