Indian Peaks trail conditions

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
bouncebarkrun
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Indian Peaks trail conditions

Post by bouncebarkrun »

On a happier note, SQUEEEEEEEE I got permits for a couple summer weekends to go play in IPW :) But I do hope they open the road on schedule, I really wanted to do Audubon on Sunday.
KansanClimber
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 18
Trip Reports (2)

Post by KansanClimber »

I ran from Fourth of July up to Arapahoe pass, and there is still a lot of snow from about 11k up. A lot of the ridges are starting to clear up, but the inner basins have a LOT of snow.
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.” W. C. Fields
emgordon
14ers: 28 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (3)

Post by emgordon »

Running water to filter? Also how does the trail and ridge to South Arapahoe look?
bouncebarkrun
Trip Reports (0)

Post by bouncebarkrun »

emgordon wrote:Running water to filter? Also how does the trail and ridge to South Arapahoe look?
Somebody posted on the weekend that it looked pretty good heading up there! I was thinking about going up to the saddle on Saturday so I will update if I do.
http://14ers.com/php14ers/peakstatus_en ... ecnum=6604" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
emgordon
Trip Reports (3)

Post by emgordon »

Yeah I didn't entirely understand that report or the follow up comment. I hope to run up from Rainbow Lakes on Sunday and maybe traverse to North Arapahoe.

Thanks all!
bouncebarkrun
Trip Reports (0)

Post by bouncebarkrun »

emgordon wrote:Yeah I didn't entirely understand that report or the follow up comment. I hope to run up from Rainbow Lakes on Sunday and maybe traverse to North Arapahoe.

Thanks all!
Oh good I thought it was just me :) I'll report back if I make it up there.
KansanClimber
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 18
Trip Reports (2)

Post by KansanClimber »

emgordon wrote:Running water to filter? Also how does the trail and ridge to South Arapahoe look?
Tons of water, and with temps staying as high as they have, the snow will be much less than when I was there on Saturday. Didn't look too hard at the trail up or the ridge. What I meant by inner basins was that Arapahoe, cascade, and buchanan creek basins are still loaded with snow.
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.” W. C. Fields
PaliKona
14ers: 20 
13ers: 17
Trip Reports (0)

Post by PaliKona »

bouncebarkrun wrote:FYI on the Brainerd Lake Road opening...I just chatted with the folks at the Boulder Ranger station and they said it may be pushed back due to a large drift blocking the parking lot. Stay tuned, they said they would decide tomorrow.
They should offer to open the gates sooner in the year for the exchange of man hours to clear those pesky drifts...I'd volunteer.
PaliKona
Trip Reports (0)

Post by PaliKona »

Any updates on Fridays Brainard Lake road opening?
bouncebarkrun
Trip Reports (0)

Post by bouncebarkrun »

PaliKona wrote:Any updates on Fridays Brainard Lake road opening?
Pushed to June 18 now...
http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsint ... n%2520Area" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
emgordon
Trip Reports (3)

Post by emgordon »

https://www.facebook.com/usfsarp/posts/726556584153955" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PaliKona
Trip Reports (0)

Post by PaliKona »

Made it up close to Pawnee Pass but had to bail because of time. Lots of snow and wet conditions from Long Lake on. Almost continuous snow from just below Isabelle up. So beautiful in there. Was glissading all over the place above the lake!