Easy-ish summit

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
coloradonancy
Trip Reports (0)

Easy-ish summit

Post by coloradonancy »

I've got lots of experience summiting mountains but am going through chemo and need an easy-ish mountain to summit. I would like it to be above timberline but it doesn't have to be a 13er (and I've already done all but the hardest of the 14ers). I now live in the San Luis Valley but will be meeting friends from Denver, so am thinking of the Sawatch range or the mosquitoes. Any suggestions?
bdloftin77
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 58
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Easy-ish summit

Post by bdloftin77 »

I haven't done too many 13ers, relatively speaking, but Squaretop comes to mind, and isn't too bad (13er near Bierstadt) The few near Sherman, such as Sheridan, aren't too bad either. Sheridan I did along with Sherman. It's a long drive to get to it along dirt roads (25ish mi), but Greenhorn has great views! (a 12er in the Wet Mountains, sorta near Rye).
summitrunner
14ers: 18 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by summitrunner »

Keep kicking butt! You rock!

If you want to shoot up to Summit, Bald is nice in Breckenridge. I think you can drive to about 12K'. It is always a favorite for me. Ptarmigan is fun too, but it is a lot longer. Let me know if you have any questions!
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." PRE
Monte Meals
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Monte Meals »

Without a doubt - Sniktau

Close to Denver
Easy Access / Short Hike
Absolutely Stunning Vistas