Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Lots of 13ers.com Updates

Changes to 13ers.com
Site Administrator

Lots of 13ers.com Updates

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:37 pm

I just finished adding a few features to the individual 13er peak pages on 13ers.com. These pages can be accessed from the "LISTS/STATS/TRIP REPORTS" section on the 13ers.com home page or by clicking on a peak name when you're in the main photo pages (most of the photo pages have a group of several 13ers). Once on an individual peak page, there are stats, links to neighboring 13ers/14ers, trip reports and an interactive Google map that uses colored markers to easily identify neighboring peaks.

For the remainder of the winter, I'll be adding more photos to the group/individual 13er pages.

Here's a screen shot of the Horseshoe Mountain page:
Only SNOW will end the madness

Re: 13ers.com Updates

Postby Dorje1018 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:46 pm

That's a fantastic update. The links to the trip reports for each peak are extremely helpful. =D>

Any chance you'll be adding route pages to 13ers.com?
"Climb if you will but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence and that momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste; look well to each step, and from the beginning think what might be the end"

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:48 pm

Dorje1018 wrote:That's a fantastic update. The links to the trip reports for each peak are extremely helpful. =D>

Any chance you'll be adding route pages to 13ers.com?

Yup, I'm going to add functionality so users can add route descriptions. It will be a while.

Postby Presto » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:49 pm

Nice, Bill! One more question (yes, I know, it seems that any additional gift from you generates questions :roll: ) ... have you given any thought to adding a space for repeats on the 13ers (as you have already with the 14ers)? Thanks again for your continued patience with "us". :wink:
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:53 pm

Presto wrote:Nice, Bill! One more question (yes, I know, it seems that any additional gift from you generates questions :roll: ) ... have you given any thought to adding a space for repeats on the 13ers (as you have already with the 14ers)? Thanks again for your continued patience with "us". :wink:

You bet! I'll get on that one soon.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:56 pm

I didn't realize there were so many 13er trip reports on the system. Once I changed the 13ers.com pages to show TRs, there was plenty of instant content!

Postby MountainHiker » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:19 pm

Bill, Great work on all these improvements.

I would think to visit 13ers.com more if there were a more up front link on 14ers.com & a return or home link for coming back.
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:19 pm

MountainHiker wrote:Bill, Great work on all these improvements.

I would think to visit 13ers.com more if there were a more up front link on 14ers.com & a return or home link for coming back.

Done. I added a 13ers.com icon to the home page. It's part of a Flash file, so you may need to clear your browser cache for it to line up properly on the page.

Postby kimo » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:53 pm

Nicely done and excellent resource. The beta on those peaks will help me prepare. Thanks Bill!

Postby Mark A Steiner » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:12 pm

I'm enjoying every minute of this. Well done, Bill.
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatever state I am, therewith to be content - Paul the Apostle.
Good day.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:17 pm

Mark A Steiner wrote:I'm enjoying every minute of this. Well done, Bill.

Great!
I'm working diligently on 13ers.com this week. I may even get the "Add your photo" stuff out there so users can help expand the content.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:30 am

Route Descriptions on 13ers.com:

Since I already had some 13er route descriptions written on BreckenridgeClimbing.com, I've added them to the 13ers.com peak pages (within the Tenmile, Mosquito and Front ranges). I now have much of the infrastructure in place so there can be user-added route descriptions on 13ers.com.
Coming soon...

Next