Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

13ers.com Photos

Changes to 13ers.com

Re: 13ers.com Photos

Postby Mark A Steiner » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:31 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:Papillon wrote:
Is Silverheels Front Range or Tenmile Range?

Also, which unranked peak became ranked to get to 638? I always thought 637 was the magic number (ranked 14ers and 13ers).

Thank you for your efforts.
1) I've always considered Silverheels to be in the Front Range since the Tenmile and Mosquito ranges are so defined and linear. If anyone has any authoritative information on this one, I'd like to see it. There's also the issue of where to stop...Hoosier Ridge, the Reds, Bald and Boreas, etc...

Bill and Papillon:
From a geologic viewpoint only, I have considered Silverheels and the mountains southward (Horseshoe, Peerless, etc) along and east of the Divide to be Mosquito Range. I'm not as sure about the peaks north of there because there are significant and not-so transitional changes in rock type between Silverheels and Squaretop. From Silverheels south the mountains are dominated by sedimentary rocks (siltstone, sandstone, dolomite) versus the Front Range that is dominated mostly by crystalline igneous and metamorphic rocks.

The argument and accompanying geo-confusion doesn't end there though. Near the area of Trout Creek Pass the sediments vanish as you proceed south. The rocks become crystalline again as the Mosquito Range proceeds east and south of Salida toward the Wet Mountains. There is an estimated 5,000 feet of vertical displacement of the Mosquito Fault in the area of Trout Creek Pass.

Anyway, this is a side discussion only. Your fine efforts Bill to upgrade 13ers.com provides another fine resource for planning hikes to these awesome peaks.
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatever state I am, therewith to be content - Paul the Apostle.
Good day.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:02 am

Registered forum users can now upload photos to the 13ers.com photo pages!

From the 13ers.com home page, click on a range in the "13ER PHOTOS BY RANGE" section. If no photos exist for a peak, there will be a link to upload photo(s). If photos already exist, click on the peak page and there's a new option to upload photo(s) for any of the peaks on that page:

Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby Chicago Transplant » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:00 pm

Bill-

I uploaded some pics for 13ers on the 13ers.com upload, and they do not show up as the image on the peaks' "main page", only on the "more photos" tab. It might just be the way I uploaded, I went through the text list of peaks, not the main peak page. Is there a way to link those there without having to re-upload?

Also my pic for Storm and East Storm is the same image loaded twice, is there a way to link the same image to multiple peaks for situations like this?

If you look at the main 13ers.com page you will see the images I added under the recent photos section, might be something you can manage "behind the scenes", let me know if I need to do anything with my images to get them linked correctly. Thanks.
"We want the unpopular challenge. We want to test our intellect!" - Snapcase
"You are not what you own" - Fugazi
"Life's a mountain not a beach" - Fortune Cookie I got at lunch the other day

Postby tmathews » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:37 pm

Chicago Transplant wrote:Bill-

I uploaded some pics for 13ers on the 13ers.com upload, and they do not show up as the image on the peaks' "main page", only on the "more photos" tab. It might just be the way I uploaded, I went through the text list of peaks, not the main peak page. Is there a way to link those there without having to re-upload?

Also my pic for Storm and East Storm is the same image loaded twice, is there a way to link the same image to multiple peaks for situations like this?

If you look at the main 13ers.com page you will see the images I added under the recent photos section, might be something you can manage "behind the scenes", let me know if I need to do anything with my images to get them linked correctly. Thanks.

Christ, Mike, why do you constantly have to bitch about everything. (I'm kidding, of course ;) )

Previous