Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Ski the 14ers movie

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Re: Ski the 14ers movie

Postby YooperJonKornely » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:44 pm

Is there some political figure or agency that the public could pressure about this? Seems ridiculous that the USFG or some other political agency would block this film. Maybe we could let whatever agency is holding this up know it's wrong, using the power of the interwebs?

Postby ajkagy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:54 pm

jofkorn1037 wrote:Is there some political figure or agency that the public could pressure about this? Seems ridiculous that the USFG or some other political agency would block this film. Maybe we could let whatever agency is holding this up know it's wrong, using the power of the interwebs?

no one is really blocking it, but it could be cause for a lawsuit and or criminal charges since it's been a law for a long time that you can't profit off of pictures/videos taken in forest service land. When I saw australis Chris had indicated that it will most likely never be released and is moving on from it.
http://www.resortbeta.com - An interactive ski/snowboard experience for all your favorite ski resorts.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:55 pm

Or we could just let it be so we don't get a surge of people trying to charge a 14er like Davenport. :-" I suppose I'd rather see it released but we've a big increase of noob bc skiers hitting the big peaks because of gear innovations, popularity and ease-of-access (Torreys, Quandary...). Last year I was taking one of my annual tours of Cristo Couloir and saw a couple of guys who, IMO, were gravely under-prepared to be skiing that route. And, in 2010, a guy on Pikes who saw me climb out of the "Y" after a ski - he had his resort setup ready to go and asked me a few questions which made it clear he could be getting in over his head. I think I scared him enough to change his mind.

The truth is, Colorado big-mountain ski mountaineering often requires careful, calculated skiing on varied, sometimes ugly, terrain and snow.

I'm not trying to sound like an elitist douche-bag here, just tapping out some concerns.

No hate mail, please.
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby lodgling » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:05 pm

Ugly?!? Them's fight'n words . . .

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:44 pm

fugly?
Only SNOW will end the madness

Previous