Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Avy Class Scholarship

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Avy Class Scholarship

Postby gb » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:21 pm

Crested Butte lost a community member, Knox Frank, last spring in the San Juans. CBMG and other local businesses are offering a scholarship in his name, for avy 1 or 2. Includes lodging (luxury at that), food, beers, and classes. I thought folks might be interested in this: http://www.crestedbutteguides.com/page.cfm?pageid=22413

Re: Avy Class Scholarship

Postby taylorzs » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:03 pm

bump
"May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds." Edward Abbey

www.14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com
www.zachtaylorsnowboarding.com

Postby Kiefer » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:36 pm

That's a pretty cool thing CB Guides are putting together. Good way to honor the memory of Knox.
Maybe someone from this site could win it?
Taylor? Caroline? Brian? GB? Bill? :-D
"Wisdom comes from making mistakes.
Experience, is the knowledge of knowing what to do when one makes a mistake and wisdom,
stems from the changes we go through while learning from those mistakes."

Postby taylorzs » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:22 pm

Yeah that is why I bumped it, I already took I and II, or I would be all over it, but I would think there would be some other interested people here who had not.
"May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds." Edward Abbey

www.14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com
www.zachtaylorsnowboarding.com

Postby gb » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:00 pm

^^ Well, you could take the refresher course. Pretty cool offering for people who haven't taken their courses in a while (like me). I could apply too but I'd rather have someone from out of town win this.