Forum
Your purchase of a synthetic or cotton shirt helps support 14ers.com. Thank you!

Other ways to help...

Tom Chapman Announces "New" Resort

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Re: Tom Chapman Announces "New" Resort

Postby Dave B » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:32 pm

Doug Shaw wrote:Tallgrass, you must be a real hit at parties.

I can win an argument on any topic, against any opponent. People know this, and steer clear of me at parties. Often, as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me.

-Dave Barry
The mountains - whose summits reach or exceed arbitrary thresholds for elevation and prominence - are calling and I must go.

-John Muir

Postby 12ersRule » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:34 pm

Dave B wrote:
Doug Shaw wrote:Tallgrass, you must be a real hit at parties.

I can win an argument on any topic, against any opponent. People know this, and steer clear of me at parties. Often, as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me.

-Dave Barry

Hope no disrespect, but if I have a Super Bowl party, you're invited, just for that post alone!

Postby BrianH » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:33 pm

Jesse M wrote:[...]

I am not really sure why this is such a big deal, calling this man a felon for being a capitalist is kinda strange. Sounds like sour grapes by the enviromaniacs. :yawn:

Huh. First time I've seen name calling on the 14ers board.

Postby BrianH » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:44 pm

In any event Chapman bought a parcel with a legal implied easement on it that has existed for many decades. Purchasing the land and expecting to eliminate that easement unilaterally was a little foolish, if you ask me (which you didn't ... but still).

Previous