Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Suggestions on First Resort Ski Boot

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Suggestions on First Resort Ski Boot

Postby mts4602 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:51 am

I just got back from Winter Park this weekend where I skied for the first time in what seems like many many years. I have always been a snowboarder, but I'm looking to improve my skiing ability for the touring aspect (some day). I had a blast and got comfortable on blues by the end of the first day.

I'm looking to purchase my first pair of ski boots. There is so much out there that I don't know where to start. They will most likely be used for 100% resort use. I just want a good, comfortable boot. I know quality boots are key when it comes to skiing so I want to make sure I get started on the right foot. I'm willing to rent skis for awhile until I know what I want, but I definitely want my own boots. For what it's worth I demoed some Saloman Enduro LX 800s while I was there and they were great...for all I know.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Matt

Re: Suggestions on First Resort Ski Boot

Postby gcoldewey » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:36 am

Find the best boot fitter that you can and let them determine the best boot for your particular foot and skiing style. I bought a new pair last season, and it is amazing how much it impacted my skiing to have a perfect fit along with the custom orthotics to line everything up correctly. The downside is that theses guy's don't discount and will charge for their services and the orthotics. Worth it if you can afford it.