Pimps and Ho's for David Wo, A fun Memorial Hike

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
g-man
Trip Reports (0)

Re: A Fun Memorial Hike for David

Post by g-man »

mtgirl wrote: I don't do well in heels - but I've been DYING to try out my Montrails with a miniskirt ! :wink:
I cant wait to try out my new Montrails, not so sure about the miniskirt tho :)
“He who forms the mountains, creates the wind, and reveals His thoughts to man, He who turns dawn to darkness, and treads the high places of the earth — the Lord God Almighty is His name.”

Getting up is easy, the hard part is getting down!
cftbq
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (32)

Re: Pimps and Ho's for David Wo, A fun Memorial Hike

Post by cftbq »

Lady, your feet are gonna HURT! Don't you value your ankles???
I have been to the mountaintop, and I have seen the force
and the power that animates the universe. That may not
match up with your anthropomorphic or teleological idea of
what "god" is, but it's good enough for me.
ChloeBlue
14ers: 21 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ChloeBlue »

As long as the date works, count me in. I may be hauling my heels up the hill, though, and making a wardrobe change at the top. :mrgreen:
Zenn
14ers: 32  1 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Zenn »

I never knew David; actually, I don't know any of you here, but why not change that?? This sounds like ridiculous fun and blisters. Hike heels to the top or hike IN heels to the top??

If the date works for me, I would love to join.
There is no certainty, only opportunity.
IHikeLikeAGirl
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 329
Trip Reports (6)

Post by IHikeLikeAGirl »

Count me in (the earlier you can pinpoint a date, the better).

My gams aren't as nice as they used to be, but it sounds like so much fun!

So, is there a minimum/maximum heel requirement? :wink:

I found some great super-shiney-steel-heeled-stillettos the other day...might take me 3 days though.... :shock:
I'll bring a bivy....
"Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time."
- Steven Wright
huffy13
14ers: 22 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (30)

Re: A Fun Memorial Hike for David

Post by huffy13 »

CO Native wrote:Where would I find some high heels in men's size 12?
I'll loan you some! :lol:
Seems like the times that I need a mountain the most are the times that I can not get to them.
COmedic04
14ers: 38  4 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (6)

Post by COmedic04 »

I've been scouring the Goodwills around town for some "pimpish" clothes...found a couple good things. Did we decide on a date? Memorial Day weekend? Honestly, I'd rather do it another time...due to the nature of my job, it's REALLY busy that weekend and probably won't be able to get off, but if we decide soon, I might be able to swing it!
"The mountains are not stadiums where I satisfy my ambition to achieve, they are the cathedrals where I practice my religion."
- Anatoly Boukreev
IHikeLikeAGirl
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 329
Trip Reports (6)

Post by IHikeLikeAGirl »

COmedic04 wrote:I've been scouring the Goodwills around town for some "pimpish" clothes...found a couple good things. Did we decide on a date? Memorial Day weekend? Honestly, I'd rather do it another time...due to the nature of my job, it's REALLY busy that weekend and probably won't be able to get off, but if we decide soon, I might be able to swing it!
Ditto...if we could do it the weekend before or after Memorial Day, I'd be pleased as punch! :D
"Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time."
- Steven Wright
covfrrider
14ers: 30  3 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (9)

Post by covfrrider »

So are we going to try and do a 14er for this? If so, wouldn't Humboldt be fitting?
gurlyclimber
14ers: 34 
13ers: 109
Trip Reports (0)

Post by gurlyclimber »

Humboldt might work but why go up the peak he passed away on? I would rather not do Humboldt. I'm sure many of us might still have some sad emotions re-visiting the site where he died. Any other options? I have been gone for a few days but there seems to be lots of interest here. How about a date? We'll have to let some snow melt and a lil warmer temps. How about his B-day in June? That would be a fun party!!!!
Piker
14ers: 16 
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Piker »

I would love to go just for the pure comedy of watching some of you people go by. Just an FYI, Elephant Rock bike race is June 1st and the MS Bike tour is June 28th & 29th.
Have you ever stopped to think....then forget to start again?
covfrrider
14ers: 30  3 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (9)

Post by covfrrider »

gurlyclimber wrote:Humboldt might work but why go up the peak he passed away on? I would rather not do Humboldt. I'm sure many of us might still have some sad emotions re-visiting the site where he died. Any other options? I have been gone for a few days but there seems to be lots of interest here. How about a date? We'll have to let some snow melt and a lil warmer temps. How about his B-day in June? That would be a fun party!!!!
What day is his b-day? Not to be insensitive, but wouldn't a memorial activity be appropriate at or near the place it memorializes? Also, I didn't know David, but it seems like he'd be the kinda guy that would want us all to complete that hike/climb at some point in our lives...

I'm up for whatever the group (or organizer ;) ) decides on... June is approaching fast!