Crestone Needle - Fatality

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
COmthigh
14ers: 16 
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Crestone Needle - Fatality

Post by COmthigh »

Well said. And enough said. Rest in peace!
airhog794
14ers: 1 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by airhog794 »

Yep. Rest In Peace Linda. Lets end thisthread and move on to remembering and grieving those we've lost including Linda. Never met her, but she sounded like an amazingly loving, compassionate, and beautiful person on the inside and outside.

See You Where the Rock Meets the Skies

Matthew
ClemsonClimber
14ers: 46 
Trip Reports (2)

Post by ClemsonClimber »

At Linda's memorial last night, I read some of the things that folks have said on here that indicated how Linda has touched their lives. First, I held up the STACK of paper that the entire thread took to print --and told them that there were at least 60 people who had expressed condolences to all of us. I told them that these were primarily people who never knew her even through the site since she was not active here. This meant a lot to them. Linda touched many lives while living and continues to touch lives now.

I wanted you all to know that. Regardless of how this started, it meant alot to the family to hear about this caring community!

Linda, YOU ARE LOVED! We will climb together again one day!
Monique
"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the fields will clap their hands." Isaiah 55:12
paully
14ers: 56 
13ers: 15
Trip Reports (1)

Post by paully »

I'm sorry to hear about this terrible incident. I had not heard about it until I picked up a local Westcliffe newpaper this past weekend while I was in the area. My prayers and condolences go out to Linda's family and friends. I know that terrain intimately and cannot imagine what you all went through that day. My thoughts go out to all of you.
Greg777
14ers: 5 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Greg777 »

Our heart is with Linda's friends and Family.
Daydream with deadlines
SKYPE Address = sgregs777