Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Emergency - Kevin8020

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.

Re: Emergency - Kevin8020

Postby Boomerang » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:35 pm

Kevin,

I'm sorry I didn't write to you sooner. I meant to, really I did. I'm writing to you today to tell you how jealous we all are of you on this day, the 24th of June, 2013. Though it came, yet again way too soon for one of God's stewards, your friend, mentor, and climbing bud, Steve has left us here on earth to join you amongst the heavens. I am sorry to inform you though, he isn't bringing Cooper along just yet, perhaps you've already met up with a trusty companion that Steve will appreciate. I know I've asked this of you before, but if you would pass along to Steve as well, we'd really appreciate you both now looking over all of us as we reach for the summits. Help us to put our footing in the right spots, make sure we don't grab that loose handhold, and most especially give us the strength to reach the summit, and to finish the back half safely. Also, if you would tell Steve I'm making it my new ritual to have a Snicker's bar on every summit! We all love and miss you! ONWARD!

Previous