Kevin Hayne Memorial Fund

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
wildlobo71
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 88
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

The following is a link to the Kevin Hayne Memorial Fund - this is the account we will be gathering contributions to go towards a memorial marker discussed on other threads, as well as any extra funds collected will be distributed, over time, to various agencies and groups responsible for maintaining the welfare of the mountains as well as our welfare IN the mountains.

This is a PayPal link to a PayPal account only; we have established a brick-and-mortar account at:

c/o Wells Fargo Bank N.A.
1717 Grant Street
Denver, CO 80203

You can mail contributions of any amount here, or go to any Wells Fargo Bank branch and make a donation to the "Kevin Hayne Memorial Fund." Any donations made to the PayPal account will be moved every day into the Wells Fargo account - we just couldn't establish a direct connection between the two without being charged a bunch of transaction fees by PayPal and I didn't like the thought of losing some of the donations to fees.

We have received permission from the family of Kevin Hayne to do this, and Lynn Hayne, Kevin's father, is a co-signer of the account so everything will be watched and under final control of the family.

Please cut and paste - email me for a weblink or the Website Code for the link above and I will gladly send it out. Please let me know, as well, if where else I should post this appeal!

Thanks!
Bill W.

Time for the next great losing streak to begin.
#forcedrefocus
tenpins
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Kevin Hayne Memorial Fund

Post by tenpins »

wildlobo71 wrote:
We have received permission from the family of Kevin Hayne to do this, and Lynn Hayne, Kevin's father, is a co-signer of the account so everything will be watched and under final control of the family.

thanks for adding that tidbit, very important!
wildlobo71
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

tenpins wrote:
wildlobo71 wrote:

thanks for adding that tidbit, very important!
I didn't want this to have any appearances of being a less-than-level deal. I won't be benefiting in any way, and actually my donation to the effort opened the account. One point to clarify - this is not a 501c3 organized fund, so it's not a non-profit and, therefore, tax-deductable... this is essentially the hat being handed around the group.
Bill W.

#forcedrefocus
jduncan
14ers: 51 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (31)

Post by jduncan »

Thanks wildlobo71 and to all of the other 14ers.com members who have helped in getting this established. I can only imagine how Kevin's family is appreciative of the support and as a member of this great community I am thankful for the time, energy and support members like you have contributed to aid in establishing Kevin's Memorial Fund. Thanks again to you and everyone else.
Erik Weihenmayer - "There are summits everywhere. You just have to know where to look."
http://mountainchild.org
http://www.vintagesparkphoto.com
http://joshrduncan.wordpress.com/
greenwok
14ers: 21 
Trip Reports (5)

Post by greenwok »

+1

And...Wouldn't it be a memorable and impactful component of Kevin's legacy to see this Kevin Hayne Memorial Fund become over the months and years a tool that helps continue where Kevin left off, helping others acheive dreams, establishing and developing eternal perspectives, and enjoying the beauty of his God's creation in the mountains.

"Onwards"

KG
jduncan wrote:Thanks wildlobo71 and to all of the other 14ers.com members who have helped in getting this established. I can only imagine how Kevin's family is appreciative of the support and as a member of this great community I am thankful for the time, energy and support members like you have contributed to aid in establishing Kevin's Memorial Fund. Thanks again to you and everyone else.
Last edited by greenwok on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The question is not what you look at, but what you see
-Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)
2thesky
14ers: 10 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by 2thesky »

Way to go Bill, you have a great heart and this is a great thing everyone has going.
Give me the out doors and you give me happiness
wildlobo71
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

Already 3 PayPal pledges for this fledgling effort! Thanks to you all who have donated! And to those thinking about it?

See my signature line below!
Bill W.

#forcedrefocus
wildlobo71
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

Bump...

Four pledges so far! Ranging from $10 to $100!

Thanks everyone!
Bill W.

#forcedrefocus
bblack99
14ers: 9 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (3)

Post by bblack99 »

Thanks for setting this up, works like a charm!
wildlobo71
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

New day, new eyes..

bump
Bill W.

#forcedrefocus
wildlobo71
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

bump - for a little more time.
Bill W.

#forcedrefocus
globreal
14ers: 58  1  26 
13ers: 198 2 6
Trip Reports (61)

Post by globreal »

Dear Bill, Mr. Hayne, and Travis,

Today, I went into Wells Fargo Bank to make a contribution to Kevin's Memorial Fund. Hopefully, the account is building to where Travis will have enough funds to have the bronze plaque made that he and Kevin discussed.

Please keep us all informed as things move ONWARDS.

Thanks!
Britt