Long Live TalusMonkey

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
Lyssah
14ers: 42 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Long Live TalusMonkey

Post by Lyssah »

I remember watching this all play out sitting on pins and needles from refresh to refresh. What a tragedy. RIP
The strong live off the weak, and the clever live off the strong.
14erFred
14ers: 51 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by 14erFred »

May his memory be a blessing forever.
"Live as on a mountain." -- Marcus Aurelius
Mel McKinney
14ers: 29 
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Mel McKinney »

A toast to TalusMonkey! His memorial sticker is still on my brewery mug. I do miss his posts.
James Scott
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (39)

Post by James Scott »

I never met him, but I rarely reach a summit without thinking, "He's been here." I am more careful because of him, and I appreciate each and every climb because of him. On some strange level, he is my friend.
"Some climb... to get to Terrapin."
Peak_One
14ers: 16 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Peak_One »

I first learned of David after he was gone in reading the book '14er Disasters'. Interesting to see COnative on here now, who I thought made some excellent commentary and analysis in the book.

David would have been a couple years older than me- still pushing hard in the mountains and successfully managing to be larger than life. I still learn from some of his trip reports- really liked his photos and narrative from the Maroon bells traverse. I never knew the man, but I can tell I would have liked him and think of him often. I understand his motivation to find and share with others the best of Colorado.
Last edited by Peak_One on Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The best climber in the world is the one having the most fun!"- Alex Lowe.
Beaker
14ers: 33 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Beaker »

Was just on summit of Humboldt this past Sunday. Waves of emotion hit as I sat on the summit waiting for my hiking partner and thoughts about TalusMonkey, USAKeller, CONative filled my head. I did have the pleasure of "meeting TM" in his "14ersJihad tshirt on a previous summit. I also, like many I'm sure, felt as I knew him, or had a special bond thru his tro reports and laughing at his antics. Thoughts of what USAKeller must've been going thru and the roller coaster if emotion for conative had to endure. You are some very strong people and am honored to "know each of you as I do". Hope to meet either if you at some point

...BKR
You have a cough? Eat a whole box of Ex-Lax tonite, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough.
Hungry Jack
14ers: 12 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Hungry Jack »

He passed before I started mucking around these forums.

But his moniker is first class all the way. Absolutely love it. Sounds like he was quite a character. God rest his soul.
please rotate your device