Missing Climber on Maroon Bells

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
MonGoose
14ers: 58  16  17 
13ers: 51 11 1
Trip Reports (16)

Re: Missing Climber on Maroon Bells

Post by MonGoose »

I just wanted to convey my condolences to Lenny's entire family and personal friends. I climbed North and South Maroon on separate trips earlier this summer and while beautiful, they are very technical and challenging mountains. The rock is very loose and the route finding descending North Maroon Peak can be especially difficult due to the lack of an established trail. One challenge of doing the Bells traverse is that you must descend a different route (and mountain) than the one you ascended. I'm very sad to learn of the outcome.
OBC13
14ers: 38 
13ers: 20
Trip Reports (0)

Post by OBC13 »

My prayers and encouragement to all Lenny's family and friends. May he rest in peace.
OBC13
Mountain Woman
14ers: 52  1  6 
13ers: 16 2
Trip Reports (4)

Post by Mountain Woman »

My condolences to Lenny's family. I am well familiar with that treacherous descent on N. Maroon Bell's. Kudos to the 14ers members who put their own desire to summit below the needs of others and descended Pyramid immediately to report the distress signals of the two who were found. We are a community.