Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

RIP Rob Jansen (rjansen77)

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.

Re: RIP Rob Jansen (rjansen77)

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:46 pm

Cookiehiker wrote:
Fisching wrote:Rob has been on my mind endlessly for the past month and half, and it's uplifting, at least to me, to see that there are so many others who continue to think about him.

Greg, you're not alone in those thoughts. I didn't know him an inkling as well as you did, but I find myself on summits thinking, 'I wonder what Rob thought of this 14er...the climb, the views, the feeling of being on this summit.' I know, in some way, he is looking out for us as we climb.

I haven't heard anyone say a thing about Rob since, gosh, 6pm tonight?

Yup, hiking out of the Gallery at Shelf.

He certainly touched the lives of many.

Greg, Jeff, Rob - you guys were on our minds the whole afternoon.

Climb on, Rob...

Postby kushrocks » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:35 pm

If anyone is looking for Dale's with "Climb on Rob" on the bottom I know someone who has some extra cases.

Fisching wrote:Rob has been on my mind endlessly for the past month and half, and it's uplifting, at least to me, to see that there are so many others who continue to think about him.

Greg - Your not the only one bud. PS Get you ass back out to Colorado as soon as you can.
" The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
"Danger in Alpinism is just part of the game. As soon as you eliminate the danger you have just every other sport." Febrizio Zangrilli
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
"To travel, to experience and learn, that is to live" - Sherpa Tensing Norgay (first person to Summit Mt. Everest)
"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit" - Edward Abbey
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."

Postby Theodore » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:33 pm

Johnson wrote:I'm having my last Dale's right now... I'll check to see if any is up here in Fort Collins! What a cool tribute.

That's really cool. I knew it was my favorite IPA for a reason!

Previous