Climber Deceased On Crestone Peak

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
summitstep
14ers: 15 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Climber Deceased On Crestone Peak

Post by summitstep »

My heart goes out to you, Taylor. I hope you find the comfort and solace you need. Chris waits for us on high.
"In this high country that we love, trails are steep. We climb each mile, breath by breath, and at the threshold of pain, bliss overtakes us."

"It's called CRAZY. And somehow, when you are bent over your poles, staring at your boots- heart heaving and trying not to cough your lung onto a rock= you look up...and you are looking down over all those beautiful mountains....and you wouldn't want to be anywhere else."

"For all the richness of normal, everyday life, it is good sometimes to trespass high in the sky, and live with uncommon intensity, experiencing something that gets close to the sublime."
MonGoose
14ers: 58  16  17 
13ers: 51 11 1
Trip Reports (16)

Post by MonGoose »

Taylor, thank you very much for sharing that information with this community. I am extremely sorry for your loss.
Last edited by MonGoose on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hungry Jack
14ers: 12 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Hungry Jack »

God bless you Taylor. God rest Chris.
AndYouSeeMe
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 209 25
Trip Reports (23)

Post by AndYouSeeMe »

Wow, cannot believe this, what a horrible week.

I also shared that great day in December 2011 with Chris. We went up Fletcher for his first Centennial. In the time since then our schedules have not aligned to climb together again, but would still text and PM every few weeks in hopes we could get out.

Chris was a bright man with a deep passion for the outdoors with some lofty goals. I only wish he could have seen more of them through in his time with us. Very happy that he was doing what he loved until the end.

Taylor, I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that as Chris's wife you are a part of this community as well and we are here for you.

RIP Chris, you will be missed.
Last edited by AndYouSeeMe on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheOtherIndian
14ers: 50  7 
13ers: 20
Trip Reports (10)

Post by TheOtherIndian »

Shocking again. I am sorry for your loss. I had never met Chris, but I've exchanged many PMs with him over the winter and he seemed like a great guy. He PMed again last week and we generally were talking about his hiking plans for the fall. I am sorry for your loss, Taylor.
Anything less than immortality is a complete waste of time. -Bender 'Bending' Rodriguez
joshbrink
14ers: 17 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (0)

Post by joshbrink »

I am very sorry for your lose. I was really looking forward to meeting him in less than 2 weeks as we had plans to climb challenger/KC and needle the next day. He definately loved ther mountains and he was always willing to help with my questions.
RIP
“I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
― John Muir
12ersRule
14ers: 58 
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Post by 12ersRule »

Very sorry for your loss, Taylor. I never met Chris, but he seemed like a great guy based on his posts. He had great taste in beer.
JJJR
14ers: 15 
Trip Reports (5)

Post by JJJR »

Taylor, I am so sorry for your loss. I never met Chris but we shared a love for the mountains. Peace.
"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you...while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." John Muir

"Buy the ticket, take the ride." H.S.T.
big_red_pride
14ers: 33  1 
13ers: 16
Trip Reports (6)

Post by big_red_pride »

Taylor, I am so sorry to hear about the death of your husband Chris. He and I have exchanged a few PM's in the past to try and find to climb together. I know he loved the mountains and I will be praying for you and your family in this time of loss. Though I never met Chris he seemed like a great guy from the few messages we did exchange. God bless!
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

Chris and I had exchanged some pm's about getting out last winter, but never did, so we never met.
He seemed like a great guy.

I'm sorry to hear about another death so soon, and another member here. Sad week.

Condolences to his family, friends, and climbing partners.

RIP Chris
Bullwinkle
14ers: 43 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (7)

Post by Bullwinkle »

May God give you peace at this time of loss.
As a mountain more fully reveals itself to a man, so the true nature of the man will be more fully revealed
its_not_a_tuba
14ers: 36  1  2 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (1)

Post by its_not_a_tuba »

Oh no, I am so saddened to hear this.
"Wilderness settles peace on the soul because it needs no help. It is beyond human contrivance." -- E.O. Wilson