Climber Deceased On Crestone Peak

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
Kitten
14ers: 58  1  2 
13ers: 122
Trip Reports (24)

Re: Climber Deceased On Crestone Peak

Post by Kitten »

Taylor, sorry for your loss. Condolences to all family and friends.
"Do or do not, there is no try"
Yoda, Star Wars.
axbauer
Trip Reports (0)

Post by axbauer »

As you all can imagine sleep is not coming easy for me tonight.

However, I keep refreshing this website and reading all your posts and you all have honestly made this so much easier on me tonight. I just wish I could get a hold of the two people who were with him. I do hope they come forward soon - but if not I understand. Honestly, I am most concerned for them at this time - if you are reading this please know you are in my thoughts, prayers and that I hope youare okay.

Chris was only 28 and we were about to celebrate our two year anniversary married on Oct 8th. We had been together for 5. I did have the opportunity to climb a 14er with him - Mt. Shavno and I am honored to have been able to share that with him last summer.

I know how much Chris loved this community and would frequently shove the laptop under my nose to share with me your triumphs, losses and great photos. I knew I had to get on here and touch base with you all after the tragedy - you were apart of his family just as much as I was.

Yes, I do believe his memorial will be at a base of a 14er, where we will spread his ashes and drink plenty of beers. Does anyone know of a good 14er near by to Denver easy for friends and family to get to? Any input would help.

Again, Thank You. -Taylor
SolarAlex
14ers: 35  13  5 
13ers: 92 23 5
Trip Reports (21)

Post by SolarAlex »

RIP, good vibes to taylor and the rest of the family. I didnt know Chris, but from what i have read, he sounds like a great man.
Vincit Qui Patitur
Kitten
14ers: 58  1  2 
13ers: 122
Trip Reports (24)

Post by Kitten »

Taylor, this link that somebody posted on a previous thread could help you find out who might have been hiking with him:

http://www.14ers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37207

hope it helps. Again, sorry for your loss, may you find comfort from all his memories and time spent together.

PS. Edited the link to work
"Do or do not, there is no try"
Yoda, Star Wars.
CCSARCAP
Trip Reports (0)

Post by CCSARCAP »

For those of you who wish you can go to custersar.org and hit "past missions." for a short account and a few pictures.

I spoke to Taylor and her dad last evening and can ask the hiking partner to contact them if they wish.

A special thanks also to Alpine rescue, Western State, El Paso SAR and Douglas county SAR. This could not have been accomplished without them and of course FFL.

Bob P.

CCSAR Capt and I.C.

A special thanks also to Alpine rescue, Western State, El Paso SAR and Douglas county. This could not have been accomplished without them and of course FFL.
Bob
MechE
14ers: 21 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by MechE »

Taylor,

Chris and I PM'd back in March regarding climbing either Wetterhorn or Snowmass. May he rest in peace.
ulvetano
14ers: 58  9  7 
13ers: 48 2 1
Trip Reports (20)

Post by ulvetano »

So sorry to hear. What a beautiful location the Crestones are, but tragic they claimed a life. Sounds like the partner did as best possible and thoughts are with him as well.
I fall a lot
Trip Reports (0)

Post by I fall a lot »

Taylor, I didn't have the privilege to meet your husband but he seemed like a fine man. I'm so very sorry.

Dave
metalmountain
14ers: 42  1  2 
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (1)

Post by metalmountain »

Sending good vibes your way Taylor. Terribly sorry for your loss, and may Chris RIP.
"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem
mtndude3737
14ers: 58 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (2)

Post by mtndude3737 »

So sorry to hear, Taylor. My heart goes out to you and the family. Godspeed, Chris.

You may consider having the service on top of Mt. Evans where it is close to Denver and everyone can drive right to the top.
What is there, beyond the mountain, if not the man? - Walter Bonatti

The simpler you make things, the richer the experience becomes. - Steve House
devo
14ers: 57  1 
13ers: 15
Trip Reports (0)

Post by devo »

Taylor, sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Jay521
14ers: 42  10 
13ers: 175 22
Trip Reports (56)

So very sorry....

Post by Jay521 »

Taylor - your strength amazes me. My heart goes out to you and the tears I am shedding as I write this can not compare to the pain you must be going through.

God bless you.

Jay
I take the mountain climber's approach to housekeeping - don't look down