Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Memorial and Information About Chris Gray (ChrisFol)

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.

Memorial and Information About Chris Gray (ChrisFol)

Postby axbauer » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:14 pm

First I would like to thank this community for its outreach of love and compassion for myself and my family at this time. For those of you concerned that I did not get ahold of the individual with Chris at the time of his death, be assured that I have connected with him. He is a wonderful, well spoken, courageous person who did all that he could for my husband and for that I am grateful.

I wanted to give you information about Chris's memorial. For those of you interested in going, here are the details:

September 15, 1:00pm
Summit Lake

http://www.drinkwinemortuary.com/obits/obituary.php?id=201486

I would also like to share with you that we are tenatively planning a memorial hike to Crestone Peak to finish out Chris's journey to the summit. This will take place September 21st - 22nd. Myself, some family members and friends will stay at the base of the mountain while other more experienced climbers will reach the peak and spread a small portion of his ashes at the summit. All are welcome.

I would like to share the last photo of Chris taken by his hiking partner on the day of the accident.

photo.jpg
photo.jpg (32.57 KiB) Viewed 866 times

Re: Memorial and Information About Chris Gray (ChrisFol)

Postby rking007 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:57 pm

Thanks for letting us share our thoughts with you Taylor and thanks for putting up this info. I will for sure try to be there. We hope you and family are holding together well.
- Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.