Layton Kor Dies

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
Skip Perkins
14ers: 52 
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Layton Kor Dies

Post by Skip Perkins »

All of the tributes have been great. Even the pictures of his fingers tell a story.
Perseverance - The courage to ignore the obvious wisdom of turning back.
johnner
14ers: 21 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by johnner »

Over the past several years Layton loved climbing in this remote area SW of Kingman, AZ. There were many beautiful rock faces, and pinnacles - most of which, have never been climbed before. Layton amazed me in that even in his 70's, he only wanted to do first ascents. I made a little video on one of our climbs together:

http://vimeo.com/16732348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Johnson
14ers: 58 
13ers: 42
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Johnson »

johnner wrote:Over the past several years Layton loved climbing in this remote area SW of Kingman, AZ. There were many beautiful rock faces, and pinnacles - most of which, have never been climbed before. Layton amazed me in that even in his 70's, he only wanted to do first ascents. I made a little video on one of our climbs together:

http://vimeo.com/16732348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for sharing. I was out there two years later and he had slowed down a lot by then.
Attachments
Layton Kor
Layton Kor
166338_106582366083782_6868959_n.jpg (127.92 KiB) Viewed 2048 times
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene
johnner
14ers: 21 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by johnner »

Layton on top of the Rhino's Horn - a small pinnacle he did a first ascent on in NW Arizona.