Injured hiker rescued from Wilson Peak

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
zinj
14ers: 58 
13ers: 48
Trip Reports (13)

Re: Injured hiker rescued from Wilson Peak

Post by zinj »

I had never heard of this. Residing out of state, I decided it's probably appropriate I contribute to this fund, so I just bought a card.

I'd also encourage people to contribute to Colorado Fourteeners Initiatve http://www.14ers.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They're doing good work trying to maintain the mountains we love in the face of burgeoning popularity and rising usage. Seriously - check 'em out.
"Gentlemen, you are piling up a heritage of conflict and litigation over water rights, for there is not sufficient water to supply the land." - John Wesley Powell, 1883
Adventurgal
14ers: 58 
13ers: 120 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Adventurgal »

We were in Bilk Basin headed toward the North Ridge of Gladstone, and heard yelling, then saw the helicopter approach the southeast side of Wilson Peak. (So unnerving given Steve's fall just a week ago on TP.) The helicopter left and came back several times. Checked 14ers.com on Sunday and didn't see any related posts so thought maybe is was training run.

So glad he is ok.
Attachments
TLOajfZ-bqT7bAt7ZToDQ8fidwIq8oybjAxJVEm2GJk.jpg
TLOajfZ-bqT7bAt7ZToDQ8fidwIq8oybjAxJVEm2GJk.jpg (217.24 KiB) Viewed 1734 times
Faldron
14ers: 22 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Faldron »

I had not heard of CORSAR cards until a few days ago and am planning on buying a 5 year card for both my wife and myself when I arrive in CO tomorrow. It's the least we can do.
skerryjones
14ers: 54  1 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by skerryjones »

I saw the helicopter from Mt. Wilson that day. They made several passes, so I also thought it was training. Glad he is OK.