Capitol Peak Rescue at 14,000ft?

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
TallGrass
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Capitol Peak Rescue at 14,000ft?

Post by TallGrass »

rescuemonkey wrote:There was a small plane flying around the area around 9:30 as we were recrossing the knife edge.
Wondering if just a sight-seeing plane. Saw one doing loops around Capitol the morning I hiked it and have spotted others elsewhere.
"A few hours' mountain climbing make of a rogue and a saint two fairly equal creatures.
Tiredness is the shortest path to equality and fraternity - and sleep finally adds to them liberty."
RiceSnob
14ers: 58 
13ers: 16
Trip Reports (6)

Post by RiceSnob »

We're praying that will give the good outcome, and give the rescue wisdom and great weather to get the work done and keep everyone safe.
CrazieDan
14ers: 39 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by CrazieDan »

I just ran across this thread while looking for something else.

That hiker was me, by the way. Very grateful to Mountain Rescue Aspen. I know first hand what a miracle it was that they were able to get me out of there!

Knife edge... phhhttttttt... want some real terror? Try the North Face... or better yet, just take my word for it and DON'T!
Attachments
FB_IMG_1435566909639.jpg
FB_IMG_1435566909639.jpg (55.45 KiB) Viewed 1451 times