Capitol Peak Overdue Climber: Have you seen?

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
Roald
14ers: 58  1 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Capitol Peak Overdue Climber: Have you seen?

Post by Roald »

bob863 wrote:very sad outcome...my sincerest sympathies and prayers to the family...

I'm glad someone was searching/scouring the area for personal items....

as FYI, I always have RoadID tags attached to my 14er day pack and to my body.....in the unfortunate event I may take a fatal fall, at least the recovery team will know who I am and who to contact....
+1 on the Road ID tag. I never climb without it on my wrist.
chrismjx wrote:

Roald, in that one sentence you managed to demonstrate that A) you're an idiot and B) you're a hypocrite, and a perfect example of the cause of the modern-day problems in this country.
Broken Knee
13ers: 28
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Broken Knee »

Rest in peace, Jim. Condolences to his family and many friends.
When life gets you down, climb!
Rock-a-Fella
13ers: 16
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Rock-a-Fella »

Hungry Jack wrote:
--bb-- wrote: Hungry Jack - there are a ton of marmots up there hungry for destruction. Hand grip of one of my hiking poles became victim to the K2 marmots last Thursday. They destroy and scatter belongings like nobody's business.
Your theory is stronger than mine.
I wanted to address this question here as Jim's family is on this thread and is solving for answers and closure as to "What" happened up there that day. To begin at the end I don't know what happened that day. I can say that Jim did not survive this fall and set up items on the ledge to signal for help. That the "gear on the ledge" was not positioned in a manner consistent with an attempt to signal someone. That many of the loose items had been chewed upon or were in a vertical line above the "gear".

With my deepest sympathies, RIP Jim