Holy Cross - missing woman?

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
LoveThisSite
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

Holy Cross - missing woman?

Post by LoveThisSite »

Just came back from Holy Cross today. Rescue teams were looking for a single 30yo female (I believe her name is Jessica). Her Jeep was at the trailhead from Sat evening/night. I'm posting this here to get the information flowing.. and hoping for a positive outcome.
tlongpine
14ers: 27  1  2 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (4)

Re: Holy Cross - missing woman?

Post by tlongpine »

A group of my friends from Boulder found her. well, she found them, by the sounds of it. She made it out safely.
I am unable to walk away from the mountain without climbing it. An unclimbed mountain tugs at my consciousness with the eternal weight of time itself. Until I've pressed my face into it's alpine winds, hugged it's ancient granite walls, and put it's weathered summit beneath my heal I'm unable to resist it's attraction.Knowing nature gives the mountain more time than she gives us adds urgency to the obsession. As has been said before; the mountain doesn't care.

It can wait forever. I cannot.