Missing Snowboarder - Urad Mine area

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
Alpine Rescue Team
Trip Reports (0)

Missing Snowboarder - Urad Mine area

Post by Alpine Rescue Team »

Alpine Rescue Team needs your help and information:

The Clear Creek County Sheriff’s Office and the Alpine Rescue Team are currently involved in a search for 42-year old Jeremy Rich, in the Urad Mine area southwest of Berthoud Pass. Jeremy worked in the Denver area and hasn’t been seen since January 22nd.

Jeremy was an avid backcountry splitboarder who often travelled solo. His truck was found on February 2nd near the Urad Mine. Areas of interest include the Ruby Creek drainage - Woods Mountain, Mount Parnassus, Bard Peak and Robeson Peak. Other areas of interest include the Woods Creek drainage – Red Mountain, Hassell Peak and Hassell Lake.

We would also like to know if anybody has lost a pair of black mittens or mitten shells near the North face of Mount Parnassus.

If anyone has knowledge of Jeremy's plans on or around the 22nd of January or has information about these items, or finds any additional clothing or equipment in this area, we ask that you contact Captain Rick Safe with the Clear Creek County Sheriff’s Office at (303) 679-2377.