Word on hikers lost on Evans?

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
lauriemknight
Trip Reports (0)

Word on hikers lost on Evans?

Post by lauriemknight »

Hi! I'm new to this forum, and I feel like I searched for this topic. Please pardon this if I missed the thread... I was on Evans Tuesday morning and was approached by the Alpine Rescue Team at the Summit Lake parking lot. They asked if we were hiking. We responded that we were going up the Northeast trail. They asked us to be on the lookout for a couple who had been lost, and if we saw them to call 911. They knew they weren't on this trail, but asked us to be on the lookout. About three hours later, we saw the rescue team leave. We never heard about how they fared. I have searched the news, and I cannot find anything. Do you know anything? It was unclear if they were doing Bierstadt/Evans, or just Evans, or which route. Thanks!
pman
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Word on hikers lost on Evans?

Post by pman »

I saw a semi on I-70 on Monday that was reduced to a pile of ashes, so don't expect to see anything in the media. My guess is they made it back OK.
FireTruck8
14ers: 58 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by FireTruck8 »

SAR made contact with the hikers in good condition below gully/willows between Mt. Spaulding and Sawtooth. Great work SAR!
lauriemknight
Trip Reports (0)

Post by lauriemknight »

Thank you Firetruck8.
aerophex
14ers: 15  4 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (1)

Post by aerophex »

FireTruck8 wrote:SAR made contact with the hikers in good condition below gully/willows between Mt. Spaulding and Sawtooth. Great work SAR!
Wow, exactly where I got lost. Mistook a mud runoff for the trail, wound up in mud up to my thighs. Bivy'd the night and made my way back up to the summit of Bierstadt. Walked down with a group of older ladies who gave me extra food and water.

Glad they are okay!
in mountains I trust