Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Spring Gathering - Carpools

Arrange group travel to/from the peaks.

Spring Gathering - Carpools

Postby tmathews » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:52 am

If you need a ride to/from the gathering, please use this thread to offer or ask. Also -- if you do not have a vehicle capable of reaching the upper S. Colony TH, please use this thread to organize. I'll have room for probably two people, but I'm planning a 4:00 AM start so I'll be leaving Horn Creek around 3:15.

Re: Spring Gathering - Carpools

Postby Matt Lemke » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:54 am

Is there anyone else from the Denver area heading down on Thursday around noon and coming back Sunday evening?
Lemke Climbs
The Pacific Coast to the Great Plains = My Playground
"Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping"
"When you come to face what you fear, let the creator guide you"

Postby KateWLU » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:16 am

I am in need of a ride from Horn Creek TH to S.Colony to hike Humboldt on Saturday morning. Anyone else have similar plans that could fit me in? :)

Postby SeracZack » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:19 am

KateWLU wrote:I am in need of a ride from Horn Creek TH to S.Colony to hike Humboldt on Saturday morning. Anyone else have similar plans that could fit me in? :)

I should have room for you. I am planning on leaving Horn Creek around 3:15am though.

Also for others that need a ride from Horn Creek to South Colony I could probably get about 2 or 3 others as well. Seems like from the recent trailhead conditions the Grand Cherokee shouldn't have a problem getting to the upper trailhead. Send me a PM if interested.
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
-Helen Keller

Postby Upstate Hiker » Tue May 01, 2012 9:38 am

I'm planning to climb Humboldt Saturday morning and don't have 4wheel drive. I'm looking for someone to carpool with from Denver around 4pm on Friday, and I'd like to head home first thing Sunday morning.

Postby globreal » Tue May 01, 2012 5:21 pm

Would anybody have an open seat Sunday afternoon, for a ride back to Colorado Springs/Monument?

I plan to climb Mt. Adams Sunday and so this would be from the Horn Creek TH.
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die."
~John 11:25

Postby Yikes » Tue May 01, 2012 6:06 pm

globreal wrote:Would anybody have an open seat Sunday afternoon, for a ride back to Colorado Springs/Monument?

possibly. I would like to get Adams, so I can try to fit into whatever plans you have.

Postby Brian Thomas » Tue May 01, 2012 6:53 pm

globreal wrote:Would anybody have an open seat Sunday afternoon

Yes, somebody please give the globreal a ride home on Sunday as I have promised to drive him down to Huerfano on Friday night and up to Horn Creek after that.
"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them" - Bob Dylan

Postby Matt Lemke » Tue May 01, 2012 8:17 pm

globreal wrote:Would anybody have an open seat Sunday afternoon, for a ride back to Colorado Springs/Monument?

I am 100% positive I will have room...I'll be coming out of the S Colony Lakes TH though as I'm doing the Crestones.
Feel free to PM me for details
Lemke Climbs
The Pacific Coast to the Great Plains = My Playground
"Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping"
"When you come to face what you fear, let the creator guide you"

Postby godsnthemtns » Tue May 01, 2012 11:08 pm

Heya... My friend is going to give me a ride to the trail head on Thursday but can someone take me back to my car Saturday night or Sunday Morning? Little 2wd just isn't tough enough to make it up 4x road.
It use to be about proving me, now it's about being me and seeking HIM! Nature is where we are reminded how small we are, but how great we can be with HIM!

Postby darkhelmet1983 » Tue May 01, 2012 11:35 pm

I am checking on ride possibilities for Spring Gathering. Possibly planning to be heading down there Friday morningish to hike into S. Colony Lakes, Crestone Peak Sat and Humboldt Sun. Then returning Sun afternoon/evening. Hoping to get ride with others (will give gas money) or get a few to ride along with me in my Jeep who will share gas expense (it is a modded Cherokee which gets terrible gas milage but will nicely get to upper TH to shorten the hike in to camp. If others interested in either possibility let me know. If gonna be stuck alone to drive likely not gonna go as will be really expensive and as I am moving across Denver this week have enough expenses as is. New house is in Littleton but easy enough to meet others somewhere before leaving town. Thanks.

Postby LuLuLuv » Wed May 02, 2012 11:57 am

Anyone heading down from Denver Friday afternoon around 3? I can drive but it would nice to have company & save a parking spot or two. I plan on camping at horn fork.

Next