Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Spring Gathering - Carpools

Arrange group travel to/from the peaks.

Re: Spring Gathering - Carpools

Postby SeracZack » Wed May 02, 2012 12:09 pm

I am leaving Denver around 4-ish (depends on how early work will let me out) Friday night and camping at Horn Creek, attempt of Crestone Peak early Sat. morning. Sunday heading back to Denver after Humboldt, or similar climb, Early afternoon-ish. I have room for one or two people if your plans match up to mine. Send me a PM or email if interested.
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
-Helen Keller

Postby tmathews » Thu May 03, 2012 11:06 am

Last-minute bump for anyone looking for or offering a ride to and from Horn Creek or to and from the upper South Colony trailhead. Denver folks attending the happy hour tonight will have another opportunity to do so as well.

Postby globreal » Thu May 03, 2012 1:51 pm

I'll be looking for a ride back to Colorado Springs Sunday afternoon.

Is there anyone who will be parked at the Horn Fork TH/returning to or thru the Springs Sunday after climbing with an extra seat?
...but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
~John 20:31

Postby SurfNTurf » Thu May 03, 2012 2:22 pm

I've driving down alone to the South Colony TH tomorrow (leaving Denver around 1 p.m.), then packing out and camping at Horn Creek on Saturday night and driving home Sunday morning (leaving around 8 a.m.). I have to work Sunday at 1. Anyone's welcome to tag along in either direction -- but giving someone a lift home Sunday would be most convenient.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby dave alex » Fri May 04, 2012 7:07 am

I am leaving Denver around 3:30 Friday afternoon and camping at Horn Creek, attempting the Horn group Sat. morning and returning to Denver that evening. Send me a PM if this schedule is conducive. Room for two more and happy to drive.

Postby Rido__ » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:09 pm

If its not to late and you can give me a ride I would love to go...and would love to give you gas money!!!

(720) 327-3892

thanks
Nick

Postby USAKeller » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:11 pm

Rido__ wrote:If its not to late and you can give me a ride I would love to go...and would love to give you gas money!!!

(720) 327-3892

thanks
Nick

Um, the Spring Gathering happened 6 weeks ago...
How long after arriving at someone's house is it appropriate to ask for the WiFi password?

Previous