Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Tigiwon Road status

Trailhead conditions, directions, roads, parking, camping, etc. Trailhead Info/Status

Re: Tigiwon Road status

Postby RJansen77 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:23 pm

Jordan D wrote:Would it be a safe bet to go ahead and plan a trip there next weekend? (23rd)

Ditto, anyone know if the road opened today? I'm sure there were a bunch of people anxiously awaiting this up there...
"But it doesn't matter if your in Valdez skiing out of a helicopter, or putzing around on a flat hill somewhere in Iowa. That adrenaline rush comes when you satisfy your most basic instinct, your own search for freedom."

-Warren Miller

I almost always wear a bathing suit when I climb. If you see me say hey!

Postby gothiclove » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:24 pm

I was in the area today and got a good look at the standard North Ridge route. There is some snow up there but not much. The long range forecast looks good. I didn't go to the top of the road so I don't know what conditions are like at the TH.
Yes, it is fully open

Postby gdthomas » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:30 pm

RJansen77 wrote:
Jordan D wrote:Would it be a safe bet to go ahead and plan a trip there next weekend? (23rd)

Ditto, anyone know if the road opened today? I'm sure there were a bunch of people anxiously awaiting this up there...

I don't see why not.

http://www.vaildaily.com/article/20111013/NEWS/111019939/1001&parentprofile=1062

Postby Steve Gio » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:53 pm

I know this is an old thread but since I am looking for info for this coming weekend I came upon it.

So is Tigiwon Road open and drivable to half moon th in a Subaru Forester? How about the south road by HC City? Is that road doable?

This will be our first time in the Holy Cross wildernes. We will be backpacking fall creek trail and wondering which way is best, north or south.

Thanks folks.

Postby ezabielski » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:57 pm

Check out the trailhead status. http://14ers.com/php14ers/trailheads2.php?thparm=sw25

To answer your question, your Forester will easily make it.

Postby Egogo » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:18 pm

What could be the possible alternative routes to the top of the Mt. of the Holy Cross for a day trip?
Tigiwon road has been closed and I plan to go this Saturday.

Postby Chicago Transplant » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:33 pm

Egogo wrote:What could be the possible alternative routes to the top of the Mt. of the Holy Cross for a day trip?
Tigiwon road has been closed and I plan to go this Saturday.

The honest answer is there are no options for HC to be a reasonable day trip right now. Tigiwon is closed and so is the Homestake Road that goes to the French Creek TH which allows you to get to Tigiwon via Holy Cross Ridge and is the only other viable day trip trailhead for HC.
"We want the unpopular challenge. We want to test our intellect!" - Snapcase
"You are not what you own" - Fugazi
"Life's a mountain not a beach" - Fortune Cookie I got at lunch the other day

Previous