Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Tigiwon Road status

Trailhead conditions, directions, roads, parking, camping, etc. Trailhead Info/Status

Re: Tigiwon Road status

Postby LynnKH » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:39 am

weschun wrote:I called the White River Ranger Station on Thursday or Friday. I was told that the "hope" was that the road would be open on the 16th as scheduled. The ranger said that the emphasis was on hope. They will post it on the web site.

Thanks for the update. I guess I will just "hope" along with them!

Postby nkan02 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:32 pm

In case the road is open this weekend, is anybody thinking of going up there this Sunday? TH status update from Saturday would be much appreciated :P
It has frequently been noticed that all mountains appear doomed to pass through the three stages: An inaccessible peak - The most difficult ascent in the Alps - An easy day for a lady. Albert Frederick Mummery, My Climbs in the Alps and Caucasus

Postby cwlaxx » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:18 pm

if it is open, i will 100% be up there saturday. will post th status!

Postby Armyclimber » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:06 am

I was up there on Saturday with the hope it opened early. Still closed.

Went and Did Elbert instead.

Postby tmathews » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:51 pm

Sunday for sure. I confirmed it with Cory at the USFS office. He said that the workers up there will probably just leave the gates unlocked when they leave for the day on Saturday.

Postby tmathews » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:20 pm

Well, at 5:15 PM, the road is still gated. There are some vehicles parked here. Hopefully they belong the the folks who are doing the logging operations and they will keep the gate unlocked when they leave.

Postby tommyboy360 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:38 pm

tmathews wrote:Well, at 5:15 PM, the road is still gated. There are some vehicles parked here. Hopefully they belong the the folks who are doing the logging operations and they will keep the gate unlocked when they leave.

Mister waiting for the loggers? Sometimes online facts are not the truth. Enjoy waiting at the gates.

Sometimes I get tired of the waiting. Feels like more than a life time.
“It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Postby tmathews » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:16 pm

The information I got was from calling the USFS office in Minturn, not from viewing it online. Oh, but you must have missed that post earlier in the thread. So, yes, you are an ass and you won't get a PM from me not apologizing for calling you one. Happy trails! :lol:

Postby nkan02 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:20 pm

Good luck Terry! There should be quite a crew with you there tomorrow. Would expect a TR from at least one of you :wink:
It has frequently been noticed that all mountains appear doomed to pass through the three stages: An inaccessible peak - The most difficult ascent in the Alps - An easy day for a lady. Albert Frederick Mummery, My Climbs in the Alps and Caucasus

Postby tmathews » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:28 pm

Alright, so maybe you were right. Had 4 other 14ers.com members drive in, but no one has driven out to unlock the gate. If they do open it tomorrow, it'll probably be at some stupid hour. Oh, well. At least I was only an hour away from here. Time for Plan B or something. Bastards.

Postby gothiclove » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:19 pm

A friend of mine who has an "in" with FS said the gates were scheduled to officially open at dawn on Sunday.

Postby Jordan D » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:05 pm

Would it be a safe bet to go ahead and plan a trip there next weekend? (23rd)

PreviousNext