Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Lead King Basin

Trailhead conditions, directions, roads, parking, camping, etc. Trailhead Info/Status

Lead King Basin

Postby FireOnTheMountain » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:41 pm

Yoooooooo

Is it too snowy right now to get high up on the road?

Thanks!
Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the CO

Re: Lead King Basin

Postby I Man » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:56 am

Don't do it man. Wait for me 8)
You can touch the void, just don't fall into it.

"I fly a starship across the universe divide....and when I reach the other side...I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a Mountain Man again.

Postby geojed » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:16 am

According to this 10/27 Sneffels Peak Conditions report 4x4 can still get to the upper TH.
Some snow but still nice conditions. 4x4 high clearance can still drive up to upper trailhead.

http://14ers.com//php14ers/peakstatus_entry.php?recnum=1868
• It's by getting away from life that we can see it most clearly... It's by depriving ourselves of the myriad of everyday experiences that we renew our appreciation for them...I've learned from my experiences in the mountains that I love life. — Dave Johnston
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
• The best climber in the world is the one who’s having the most fun.— Alex Lowe
• Why do I climb the mountain? Because I'm in love! — The Captain

Postby I Man » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:24 am

geojed wrote:According to this 10/27 Sneffels Peak Conditions report 4x4 can still get to the upper TH.
Some snow but still nice conditions. 4x4 high clearance can still drive up to upper trailhead.

http://14ers.com//php14ers/peakstatus_entry.php?recnum=1868

Isn't Lead King for Hager and the S Ridge?
You can touch the void, just don't fall into it.

"I fly a starship across the universe divide....and when I reach the other side...I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a Mountain Man again.

Postby FireOnTheMountain » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:50 am

Thanks Jed for the San Juan update, can't get enough of those!

Lamentably, Mr. The Iman is correct about the location of said basin (i'm not lamenting thats he's correct.... :-k )

Shake it Sugaree
Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the CO