Places to Park Truck/Trailer in Leadville Area

Trailhead condition requests, questions, alerts, etc.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
TehWoopig
14ers: 24 
Trip Reports (0)

Places to Park Truck/Trailer in Leadville Area

Post by TehWoopig »

Hi, I was wondering if there are any good places to park and leave a truck in the Leadville area. Hauling my Jeep up this year and need some ideas. Thanks!
12ersRule
14ers: 58 
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Re: Places to Park Truck/Trailer in Leadville Area

Post by 12ersRule »

Seems like there is some empty space behind the Super 8 on the south side of town.

Somewhere on the south side of town would probably work. Check out some satellite images, bing or google, to see what would work.
TehWoopig
Trip Reports (0)

Post by TehWoopig »

awilbur77 wrote:How about leaving your truck here:
th.jpg
Really...

Climbing is only for natives right? Got to have something to get to the trail heads.
12ersRule
14ers: 58 
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Post by 12ersRule »

TehWoopig wrote:
awilbur77 wrote:How about leaving your truck here:
th.jpg
Really...

Climbing is only for natives right? Got to have something to get to the trail heads.
He's trolled several 14er Record Attempt threads too, so you're in great company!
MountainHiker
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 109
Trip Reports (7)

Post by MountainHiker »

It's okay, I've parked CO plates at the trailhead for Guadalupe Peak! If you don't want to feel out of place for having TX plates go to Lake City in the summer. I found it interesting when I moved here in the 80s some locals felt you were somehow more guilty of causing urban sprawl if you were from TX or CA than if you moved here from anywhere else.
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert
TehWoopig
Trip Reports (0)

Post by TehWoopig »

MountainHiker wrote:It's okay, I've parked CO plates at the trailhead for Guadalupe Peak! If you don't want to feel out of place for having TX plates go to Lake City in the summer. I found it interesting when I moved here in the 80s some locals felt you were somehow more guilty of causing urban sprawl if you were from TX or CA than if you moved here from anywhere else.
Lol nice. We used Lake City for the last half of our week last year. It was a really weird place haha. We were trying to escape Texas and wound up there somehow (Lake City has pretty good BBQ btw). Anywho, thanks for all of the advice. I'm sure we'll get it all figured out and have some success. We are hoping to bag 6 on this trip.