Durango/Silverton train schedule

Trailhead condition requests, questions, alerts, etc.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
thebeave7
14ers: 58 
13ers: 127
Trip Reports (25)

Re: Durango/Silverton train schedule

Post by thebeave7 »

jrs1965 wrote:Does the train stop for long at Needleton?

Really hoping there's some time when I get off the train at Needleton to get a quick beta from the Silverton bound folks getting on. I'm thinking I'll stash my axe, gaiters, or any other unneeded gear at Needleton if I can get an update proving they're not needed...
Just depends on whether they are loading passengers. First time I was there this year over Memorial day, they only stopped for 5min to unload us and our bags, then were off. The second time when I picked up the train at Needleton they had to load on a raft group and all their gear, so probably sat there for 15min or more getting all their stuff on. They don't have a particular length of time, just long enough to load/unload gear and people.

Eric
Me fail English? That's unpossible. http://www.ericjlee.com/Blogs