Humboldt Lindsey Upper Trailhead Camping Information

Trailhead condition requests, questions, alerts, etc.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
MaxmimumMills4
14ers: 25 
Trip Reports (2)

Humboldt Lindsey Upper Trailhead Camping Information

Post by MaxmimumMills4 »

Hello, I am planning a 3 day trip to the Sangre de Cristo mountains and was wondering if any of you had experience with both driving to and camping at the upper trailheads for Lindsey and Humboldt? Are there ample camping spots at both and would a crossover with medium clearance make it to the trailheads? Thanks in advance!
gorshkov
14ers: 39 
13ers: 35
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Humboldt Lindsey Upper Trailhead Camping Information

Post by gorshkov »

For trailhead road reports, check out the relevant heading on the website. I got a 2wd ford ranger to the s colony lakes th with minimal problems (the road was dry). That th has a couple of camp sites, but most people pack in to the lakes. AFAIK, the road to the standard th for Lindsey is still closed.
Tornadoman
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 266 35
Trip Reports (12)

Re: Humboldt Lindsey Upper Trailhead Camping Information

Post by Tornadoman »

MaxmimumMills4 wrote:Hello, I am planning a 3 day trip to the Sangre de Cristo mountains and was wondering if any of you had experience with both driving to and camping at the upper trailheads for Lindsey and Humboldt? Are there ample camping spots at both and would a crossover with medium clearance make it to the trailheads? Thanks in advance!
It has been a few years but I know that there is camping at both trailheads. The roads vary year to year, but my friend has gotten his Subaru Outback up South Colony Road to Humboldt's upper trailhead at least a couple times. The road to Lindsey is closed, so expect a several mile walk/bike ride just to get to the trailhead.
Climb the mountain so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.