Hitching on 306 from Colorado Trail to Buena Vista

Trailhead condition requests, questions, alerts, etc.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Point North
Trip Reports (0)

Hitching on 306 from Colorado Trail to Buena Vista

Post by Point North »

I'll be ending a section hike of the Colorado Trail where the trail meets 306 at Middle Cottonwood Creek, in Section 13.

306 goes directly into Buena Vista. On a weekend hitching would be no problem, but what about a weekday?
GeezerClimber
14ers: 58 
13ers: 24
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Hitching on 306 from Colorado Trail to Buena Vista

Post by GeezerClimber »

I picked up a guy there once on a weekday and brought him into town.

Dave
acidchylde
14ers: 30 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by acidchylde »

Cottonwood Pass is a popular enough destination itself, never mind being a significant route between Buena Vista and Taylor Lake, that I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have a problem any day of the week. There's also quite a bit of fishing along there, so local afternoon/evening fisherman are pretty common as well.
handonbroward
14ers: 42 
13ers: 46
Trip Reports (5)

Post by handonbroward »

When are you going, this year? If so, then you should be fine. There is constant traffic up and over the pass. A lot of people use it as a cut through to the west.

The pass closes completely for all of next year as soon as they can clear it in the spring, if you were looking at next year. Just a heads up.
"I hurt, therefore I am" - Barry Blanchard