Would anybody be interested in VIDEO trip reports?

Trailhead condition requests, questions, alerts, etc.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Maverick6981
14ers: 58  3 
13ers: 27 4
Trip Reports (32)

Would anybody be interested in VIDEO trip reports?

Post by Maverick6981 »

Hi friends,

I posted this on the Facebook page but would like to know if anybody would be interested in seeing a trip report in video format? I have a health issue that is resulting in declining memory and I have begun recording all of my hikes so I can remember them. I also thought this would be helpful for others as it would give an idea into trail conditions etc.

Also, mods - is this allowed? I am not promoting anything, I would just be linking a video to the trip reports page. I, in no way want to break any rules of the forum but also would like to help others by providing real, live footage of the hike. I just finished editing my most recent video (Decalibron) and have put a lot of time and effort into it and would like to share it with others who may find it helpful.

Thanks for your time,

-Mav
TallGrass
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Would anybody be interested in VIDEO trip reports?

Post by TallGrass »

Vids make sense. Go for it, and many have already done just what you describe. Silver lining ala Ronald Reagan, you'll never get bored repeating 14ers. ;)
Last edited by TallGrass on Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A few hours' mountain climbing make of a rogue and a saint two fairly equal creatures.
Tiredness is the shortest path to equality and fraternity - and sleep finally adds to them liberty."
Maverick6981
14ers: 58  3 
13ers: 27 4
Trip Reports (32)

Re: Would anybody be interested in VIDEO trip reports?

Post by Maverick6981 »

Awesome! I think this will be something really fun to look back on as well. It'll be interesting to see my skill level improve from #1 to the day I complete the last one! It'll be video journal that will always be there to relive the moment!