Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Trailhead Status Info Needed

Trailhead conditions, directions, roads, parking, camping, etc. Trailhead Info/Status

Re: Trailhead Status Info Needed

Postby glacierPaul » Fri May 15, 2009 6:32 am

Wanted to mention to view Bill's thread,
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5737
Bill's last future press release hits the nail on the head.

subaru driver

Postby nilaoire » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:03 pm

Any difficulties getting a Subaru to the 2x2 parking area for American Basin and Silver for Redcloud? Hoping to get there next weekend.

Thanks in advance
Keep on climbing

Postby Hobopoet » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:06 pm

What kind of Subaru? Getting into American Basin can be a bit tricky, especially the water crossing (although at this point in the summer, it will be easier.). But driving to the Silver Creek/Grizzly Gulch TH is as easy as it gets. Almost anything should get there with no problems. :)

Postby nilaoire » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:04 pm

I saw a posting that said the author parked 0.9 from the trail head/ before the stream due to the fact that they had I presume a 2x2, do you think 0.9miles might be accurate. I have an Outback.

thanks

Postby dbutte01 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:25 am

Bill, hopefully you can offer some assistanace.... I'm looking to find out the status of teh 4WD TH at South Colony / Crestone Peak/Needle. I noticed some, what i thought was conflicting information. The main site indicated that the road will be closed at teh end of the year, but the a trip note indicated it was closing last week, (picture of backhoe note). I am planning to climb Humboldt and the Crestones on September 25th - 26th and the status of the road is key. Thanks for your help. Dan

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:20 am

dbutte01 wrote:Bill, hopefully you can offer some assistanace.... I'm looking to find out the status of teh 4WD TH at South Colony / Crestone Peak/Needle. I noticed some, what i thought was conflicting information. The main site indicated that the road will be closed at teh end of the year, but the a trip note indicated it was closing last week, (picture of backhoe note). I am planning to climb Humboldt and the Crestones on September 25th - 26th and the status of the road is key. Thanks for your help. Dan

Dan,
it appears that they are doing a temporary project and re-opening the road for a bit after they are done. But I'm not totally sure, so your best bet would be to call the Custer County USFS Ranger District and give them your exact dates of travel up there to see if the road will be open.
"There's no recess and no rules in the school of life" - D. Mustaine

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:08 pm

If anyone has any new "Winter Closure" information for a 14er trailhead, it would be great if you'd update the Trailhead Status pages. Thanks for your help!

I hope some of you were able to get out this weekend.

Postby tmathews » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:41 pm

Updated The Crags (Pikes Peak) trailhead status from a trip there yesterday (3/3/10).

Postby GeneralBenson » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:02 pm

Think we can get the Fourth of July Trailhead on there? That would be awesome. I looked for it and didn't see it. Apologies if I missed it!

Postby realhillboarding » Sun May 09, 2010 12:04 pm

Does anyone have current conditions for Princeton Road? I'm trying to decide between Shavano and Princeton for Tuesday and the deciding factor will be trailhead access. The most recent update is 4/24 and I'm guessing it has changed a lot since then.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Mon May 31, 2010 8:47 am

After the holiday weekend there are still a bunch of 14er trailheads that could use an update on the site. If you have info for a trailhead that hasn't been updated in a while, we sure could use the help.

A few that I'm thinking of:
- Stewart Creek
- Nellie Creek
- Matterhorn Creek
- American Basin
- Castle Creek
- Lead King
- Huerfano
- Capitol Creek
- Baldwin Gulch
Updates can be made Here

Thanks for the help!!!

Location: Way Up High In The Mountains (On The Alpine Loop) And Down By The Sea (In San Clemente)

Postby San Juan Ron » Mon May 31, 2010 9:07 am

Engineer pass outside of Lake City is supposed to be open around June 3/4 according to the Lake City Silverworld............SJ Ron :D
"The mountains are calling and I must go" -- Muir

PreviousNext