Super cool gigapixle (Everest)

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Furthermore
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 643
Trip Reports (219)

Super cool gigapixle (Everest)

Post by Furthermore »

Too badass not to share.

http://www.glacierworks.org/the-glacier ... ring-2012/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jblyth
14ers: 58  5  15 
13ers: 145 8 6
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Super cool gigapixle

Post by jblyth »

Very cool.....
Jim Davies
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 67
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Jim Davies »

Wow. You can even see little climbers and tents on the Lhotse face. Thanks for the link!
Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall — it's great when you stop. -- Chris Darwin
I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now. -- Forrest Gump
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

w-o-w
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
smoove
14ers: 44  11 
13ers: 34 3
Trip Reports (0)

Post by smoove »

Jim Davies wrote:Wow. You can even see little climbers and tents on the Lhotse face. Thanks for the link!
Truly amazing. Yup, you can see some just getting started at the bottom and all up along the thing. So cool.
Guitarzan
14ers: 4 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Guitarzan »

That is an extremely cool pic.....
"Pain don't hurt."- Patrick Swayze ROAD HOUSE
dcbates80911
14ers: 32  1 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (20)

Post by dcbates80911 »

:shock: Very cool.
There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
Guitarzan
14ers: 4 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Guitarzan »

you can even see a few climbers scattered throughout the icefall. Really gives a good perspecitive on how massive Everest is.
"Pain don't hurt."- Patrick Swayze ROAD HOUSE
colokeith
14ers: 39  2 
13ers: 34 3
Trip Reports (7)

Post by colokeith »

AMAZING I just spent 30 minutes following the south col route!! It really brings the scale of the mountain into perspective!!
To climb is to push yourself in a way you might not normally imagine is possible. If your stamina, skill, and luck are sound you will get to stand on top. ... I realized that with climbing, I'd found something that nourished my soul and could forge me into a better version myself - Jim Davidson
Carl
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (32)

Post by Carl »

Wow! Thanks for sharing. Anyone know what camp or village the stone buildings with the blue roofs are? Visible in the center bottom of the screen if you pan all the way right and zoom in.
jbchalk
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (54)

Post by jbchalk »

Yesh, thats an insanely high resi pic...wow, so very cool.

Thank you for sharing!

Carl, thats the town of Gorak Shep - the last town before EBC.
Jim Davies
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 67
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Jim Davies »

I think I've spotted a pair of climbers on the north ridge route also. With a little searching maybe somebody can find Irvine. :)
n-climbers.JPG
n-climbers.JPG (2.61 KiB) Viewed 3099 times
Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall — it's great when you stop. -- Chris Darwin
I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now. -- Forrest Gump